Welcome to Shri Bhaktha Anjaneya Temple San Diego (SBATSD). This temple was founded with the goal of serving the spiritual needs of all Sanatana Dharma followers in and around San Diego. The temple is run by Pt. Shrikantha Shastri with the help of volunteers. Lord Hanuman is the only and permanent trustee of the temple.
In our tradition, the temple is a place of community gathering, friendship and celebration of our culture, way of life and religion. SBATSD welcomes followers of all traditions and denominations of Sanatana Dharma (Hinduism) to join us in celebrating our way of life and pass it on to our younger generation.
We invite all our devotees and well wishers to be part of the temple. Your participation, involvement and enthusiasm has transformed Shri Bhakta Anjaneya temple into the Spiritual center of San Diego. Here are several avenues through which you and your family can be part of SBATSD
- Volunteer your time at the temple
- The temple needs volunteers for up-keep and maintenance activities such as carpet cleaning, kitchen cleaning, setup before/during events, serving food and cleanup after events
- Participate in various Pujas and events by chanting veda mantras that you have learnt, reciting slokas and singing devotional songs
- Help with moving things from and to storage, doing shopping for temple etc
- Donate material for temple events: Conducting various Pujas and Homas in the temple require a significant amount of material. You can donate various material such as
- Flowers, Tulasi and Garland
- Fruits for Naivedya
- Milk, Dry fruits and Coconuts
- Dravya for Abhisheka and Homa
- Compostable paper plates, to-go boxes, cups etc
- Bringing Prasadam for Naivedya and Maha Prasadam (food) for distribution after events
- Make donations towards purchase of various Puja items:
- Monthly donation of $150 towards purchase of flowers for Puja and Garland
- Monthly donation of $$ towards purchase of fruits for Naivedya and distribution
- Sponsor various Pujas and events: There are several opportunities for sponsoring various Pujas throughout the year
- Annual sponsorship of $2001 towards all main events in the temple. This includes 12 Moola Hanuman vigraha Abhishekam, 24 Pradosha Puja, 12 Sathyanarayana Puja, 12 Sankatahara Chaturthi Puja, 12 Anusha Puja for Kanchi Paramacharya and all other events throughout the year such as Hanuman Jayanthi, Rama Navami Maha Shivaratri, Guru Purnima, Vinayaka Chaturthi, Janmashtami etc
- Annual Sponsorship of $501 for single kind of Puja for the whole year (All Sathyanarayana Puja or Sankatahara Chaturthi or Pradosha Puja or Kanchi Paramacharya Anusha Puja or Hanuman Moola Vigraha Abhisheka)
- Single one day-event sponsorship of $51
- Vada Mala for Moola Hanuman Vigraha on days of Hanuman Vigraha Abhisheka: $51
- Sponsor any of the main Vigrahas (Bhakta Anjaneya, Narmadeshwara, Sai Baba, Sanaischara): $501
- Celebrate important events in your life like birthday of your family member, wedding anniversary and housewarming by doing special Archana and Puja at the temple.
- Pray for the welfare of your extended family and friends across the world by doing Archana, special Puja, Abhisheka and Homa
- Monthly automatic donation from your bank (Amount of your choice)
- File for matching donation with your employer. Most employers have matching grant/donation programs for donation to 501(c)(3) Non-profit organizations.
- Learn Vedas, Slokas and Scriptures: Pt. Shrikantha Shastri conducts regular veda and sloka classes for students of all age, gender and nationality. Please enroll as a student and offer yourself as a volunteer for the temple as Guru dakshina.